Wednesday, January 23, 2013

CD8- HSG

Well today was CD 8, I had my hsg at 2:00PM, I arrived around 130pm, filled out the paperwork, my husband went to get a sandwich and I got called back, the re was very, very nice... I was scared, I read so much blogs, vlogs, etc I was just a mess.

So he told me to go into the bathroom, change into the gown from the waist down, I than asked if my body jewelry would be okay and he said yes, so i climbed onto the bed and he went over everything with me, he told me he would be right next to me while the radiologist and his assistant was down there. He told me he would go get my husband for me, but Brandon was out in the car eating.. So only he came back, shortly after the other two walked in, he asked me how many children I wanted, and I said one. I was than told to scoot down to the bottom of the table and to put my feet up on the stirrups, the radiologist than told me he was going to insert the speculum, and asked if it felt alright, I said yes. He than told me he he was going to clean the cervix three times and it might feel cold. After than he told me he was going to insert the catheter and inflate the balloon and I might have some cramping, and was told to breathe, (at this point it was my first thought of OMG this is really uncomfortable), I was than pushed back, asked to lay flat, and they pulled the xray down over me, and he slowly inserted the dye, I felt it on and off as it was inserted, the test maybe took about 2 Min's, he told me everything was clear and I had a perfect textbook uterus!! I was SO relieved!!

If you need to get the HSG done, please don't watch YouTube videos, they will really freak you out... I can tell you from someone who has never experienced pain, it was not all that bad, provided I did have 1200MG of ibuprofen before hand, but it truly was not that bad..After the test was over I had no cramping until I sat in the car, I felt like I had a stomach ache, but that passed very quickly and I have not had cramping for over 6 hours... 

Baby dust!
K-

No comments:

Post a Comment